Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 July 2012

Sometimes I forget to be grateful for gratitude

There are way too many things that I forget to be grateful for and to truly appreciate.  Gratitude is one of them.  How often do I actually stop and really think about what I have to be grateful for?  Not often.  It is another of those words which is over used and under appreciated.

I don't think that gratitude is something that we can possess, but something that we need to give.  For me that is the only way that it makes sense.  You can hold on to love, or hate, but you can only give gratitude.  I suppose that gratitude also goes well with humility, which is probably something that all of us could do with a bit more of!  Humility is necessary to actually comprehend that we need to be grateful for something.
http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/TEDxSF-Louie-Schwartzberg-Grati/

I know that I ought to keep a Gratitude Journal to really focus my mind on what I have to be thankful for but I have never done so.  Besides which there are days when I find it hard to be grateful for anything, but I feel that this is because I tend to think of big things when, in truth, it is the little things in life that really give it meaning.  Yesterday I got to touch an Olympic Torch, and I am grateful for that, but that will only happen once in a lifetime (well actually twice as I touched two) and while it is a great memory I feel that things to be grateful are the regular things which make up our lives.

Today I am grateful for ...
  • That it is not raining, at the moment anyway.
  • That I have some great looking veggie to juice in a moment
  • The sun just came out
  • I don't have to go to work tomorrow
  • Feeling happy

No comments:

Post a Comment