Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 July 2012

Humour. One day it's funny, the next it is not.

Humour is a very individual thing, but have you ever noticed how your sense of humour can change from day to day?  The death of Eric Sykes made me start thinking about humour and how it can reflect our moods.

I remember watching Blazing Saddles once and crying with laughter in places; but on other occassions I have watched it and just thought how silly it is.  There again, we have days where just about everything is amusing and that is not just the Fluoxitine talking!  I do have some things that I can return to time and again and still find funny.  The Key episode of Yes, Prime Minister is one of the ones that gets me every time, as do just about any of Sir Humphrey's tongue twisting monologues.  How on earth he ever managed to remember them, I just don't know.  There are jokes that always seem to be funny, even if a bit groan worthy.  I love the jokes on the Penguin biscuit wrappers because they are so silly, and a bit like the Antarctic version of Christmas cracker jokes.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to see the funny side of things all the time?  Sometimes I just get so lost in the stress of the moment that it can be hard to get out of it and see the funny side of anything.  I was figuring out how little I would be earning from my new post at work, I figure I am going to be about 40% worse off when I already had a low paid job, but on the bright side I will not be paying income tax on it as it is below my personal allowance.  I was starting to get a bit stressed out about it all and getting grumpy, in short getting into one of those situations that I find it difficult to snap out of.  So I have been trying to remind myself that I don't really need that much in life.  Food, pay my bills, I don't have a mortgage or rent to pay as I own my house and I live in a beautiful part of the world...is there really much more that each of us needs in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment