Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Hi ho, hi ho and back to work I go

Well I managed to survive my first day back at work after my recent 'blip' and it was quite nice to be back.  I got there early to find that, as usual, everyone else had used up my stash of paper, envelopes etc so I had to go to reprographics to replenish my stocks.  I was starting to get really annoyed about it all, then just thought 'why bother'?  Not worth allowing yourself to get wound up about it, it's just the same old thing.  Had a nice chat with Trish while I was in repro, and when I got home this evening there was a card from her saying she missed me.

I was told that I have an interview for the Attendance Advisor post which will be on Friday, with an admin test tomorrow.  I think I am the only person who has applied for these two posts so I might get it, but I'm not overly worried if I don't.  They may have decided to wipe the slate completely clean when it comes to attendance, so I could still be made redundant.  Again, I am just going with the flow.

In some ways it felt as though I had never been away, though I did have a sticky few moments wondering if I had done the letters correctly.  Mental block really, but it is a bit like riding a bike and I was soon peddling away with confidence.  I have to say that it was rather nice to spend a day with people because when I am not at work I don't do that very often.  It was also rather nice to see that my colleagues were glad to have me back.  I can be do grouchy some times that I tend to think that everyone hates me but most of the time I can pass for a person rather than a troll - on a good day.

Now I just have to try and get back into some sort of a routine and to that end I have decided to move my soya milk making to the end of the day, rather than in the morning.  That way I will have fresh milk for my smoothie in the morning and a hot drink at night to lull me to sleep.  I have to get back into the routine of taking a lunch in with me which is usually a big fresh salad with hummous or canned salmon, tuna or chick peas.  A cold lunch is the easiest as I don't like to microwave food, and I don't have to worry about trying to keep it warm if I get distracted from the task of eating.  I have been trying to make sure that I leave my desk at lunch time and go to the staff room with colleagues for a chat, rather than eating while working through my lunch break.  Not good for the digestion.

So tomorrow is another day at the grindstone :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment