Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 November 2012

Windows 8 is a mystery!

I have not been posting for some time because my PC power pack blew, and it turned out that I was also having problems with the hard drive.  So on Friday I collected a new PC and yesterday I got a new router for the internet connection because I have changed provider.  I have been having a lot of internet connection problems for the last few months which has meant the loss of some posts on various sites and forums, and a huge amount of frustration because it has been difficult to keep up with what has been posted and what hasn't.  There have also just been days when I have given up on the internet before I smashed the monitor!

I now feel rather disconnected from what is going on.  These days I rarely watch TV; preferring instead to used the BBC iPlayer for most of the programmes I want to see on a regular basis, or to catch up with things I have missed.

The only problem with the new PC is that it runs Windows 8 and it is causing me all sorts of problems.  Maybe if I already had an iPhone or iPad it might not be as confusing, but at the moment all I can say is where is the start button for the my computer thingy!?  Why can't I have two or more non internet explorer pages sitting at the bottom of the page waiting for me to click them into life?  It is not that I am a technophobe but I do like things to be where I can find them, and not where I have to search for everything.  When I ordered the PC last Wednesday it didn't really occur to me that Windows 8 would be that different.  So, be warned those who are not computer geeks, it will take you some time to get used to it.

The other problem is that all my favourites have disappeared and it has been an effort to start finding things again.  For a while I thought I had lost this blog as I struggled to get to grips with this new system, but I am slowly getting the hang of it, but if you hear the sound of breaking glass, it is the monitor following its previous partner...

No comments:

Post a Comment