Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year is a new slate

It is almost 2012 and it is a year that I am looking forward to. When I was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer my goal was to make it to 2012 to see the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics being staged in London. Now I need to set new goals...or do I?

Each year is a new slate and for that matter so is each day, so maybe I need to start to doodle on that slate and try to make sure that each day has a few smileys on it. If we don't value each day then we are really losing out. I try to achieve something each day, no matter how small.

I was watching an interview of Oprah Winfrey on the internet yesterday. She was talking about how she felt she was born for greatness, but that this was not necessarily as arrogant as it sounds. Greatness is something that we all have in us but that doesn't mean that we are all going to be rich or famous. Greatness is being the best that we can be, and that does not have to be earth-shattering, but just satisfying to know that we are doing the best we can at any particular time, and in any particular place. The greatest performance at the Olympics this year might not be the one that hits the headlines. After all, will the best performance be by the person who wins with an average time, or the person that comes last but shatters their personal best and may be also their national record etc.

Maybe my New Year's resolution is to get to be better at doodling on that slate! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment