Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas decoration and operation preparation

Yesterday evening I went to a carol service at New Milton Baptist Church and on the way home we went and had a look at some of the Christmas lights.  Today I got my Christmas decorations out of the attic and I've put some of them in the spare bedroom window.  Not much, but I hope it adds to the feeling that Christmas is fast approaching.

I've done a load of bits today to try and get everything ready for when I go into hospital.  After all there is no way I will be able to get up the loft ladder after the hip replacement operation!  I have also ordered the turkey crown to be collected from Waitrose on 23 December, ordered my repeat prescription and so on.  I think I have finished getting my bag packed, but I should only be in for 4 days this time.

I have an Occuptional Therapist coming out to the house next week to make sure that I have all the aids that I need.  I think the only thing that worries me is being able to get in and out of bed once I get home and don't have the lovely hospital bed that I can manipulate into the most comfortable position.  I am hoping that the weather doesn't turn too icy so I can get out and about as soon as possible.  Getting the hip into action is important, or stop DVTs but to get the muscles built up and allow my body to get used to having a hip that can work properly for the first time in my life.  I just have to hope that they make my legs the same length as I have spent far too long with one leg shorter than the other, which in turn has been throwing out my neck and back.

I want to be able to enjoy the Christmas holidays despite the restrictions that I will have.  I love to be able to snuggle up in the house with some candles burning and a good book or film.  I can hear the wind and rain lashing down outside right now, and here am I comfortable in my own little world.  These days I rarely ever watch TV as I just don't find anything that I want to watch and I have started to lose interest in the news and what is going on in the wider world.  Why worry about it?  What can I do to change things?  What I do have some control over is what happens in my immediate environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment