Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 October 2011

Things to help when you are feeling down

I went on a Wellness and Wellbeing day course at the Penny Brohn Cancer Care centre a while ago and bought a copy of their book The Bristol Approach to Living with Cancer. For some reason I went to the back page where they have a list of suggestions for the down days.


The last suggestion is to have a Rainy Day Box, a shoe box will do, and keep in it your:

 favourite music

 relaxation CDs

 humourous books or DVDs that can always be relied on to lift your mood

 a favourite food treat

 letters or cards that you enjoy reading to support you

 favourite quotations

This is such a simple idea, but is one that could have such a huge impact. When I get down I don't always know where to go for things to help inspire me again, so to have them all in one place is a great idea. However, in all honesty, I don't think the food treat would be there most of the time as I would have decided to have it even on a sunny day!

By coincidence I was given a Memories box and I was wondering what I could do with it as memories also have a negative feeling about them, but things to inspire and comfort is a much better idea. I think I will give it a try, and maybe putting it together will also be a comfort and support.  More of a Making Memories box perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment