Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday 1 March 2013

Thank Crunchie it's Friday

After a sewing marathon on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning I have come down to earth with a bit of a bump.  I feel as though I have used up all my energy for a while.  Yesterday I woke up at 10.30 when I needed to be at my Tai Chi class at 11.15 and even when I got there I was still half asleep and my balance was shot, which takes away the fluidity of the movements when you are trying not to fall over.

This morning I only remembered that I needed to have a blood test done today before my treatment next week when a reminder popped up on my screen.  Groan!  So I had to get a move on because now they have gone back to the 'take and number and wait' system it has been taking about and hours and a half to get through to have the bloods taken.

It did, however, give me the time to be able to get to work early to be able to sort out all the freebies that I have collected lately for the All-Ways Healthy campaign which will be starting on the 11th.  I have had a look at all the stuff that I have and I've labelled the boxes according to which day of the week they will be needed; and I made up some goodie bags for the out-centres of the college.  So all in all I am feeling a bit virtuous today, even if I wish I could sleep for a week - or at least a weekend.

It is hard not to think that my cancer may finally be progressing when I have had an increase in pain and stiffness in my back, and also with the stability of my lower back in particular.  I just keep having to tell myself that I have no proof of any progression, and it is probably connected to not wearing the special insoles in my shoes which have been recommended to me by my acupuncturer (is there such a thing?).  My old shoes started to fall apart and I just hadn't got around to transferring the insoles to my newer shoes.  This is probably a bit of an own-goal really.  Just because I am too lazy to do something it really just means that I am not being proactive and helping myself.

To be honest I have more faith in myself to prolong my survival that I do in the medical profession.  I think that I can influence the cancer by the way if think, deal with stress and what I eat.  However before I can do any of that I need to get some sleep g'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment