Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 May 2009

Gardening

I have just spent about an hour and a half out in the garden trying to get one of the beds ready to plant some veg. It is a lovely evening and it is the first time for ages that I have done any work in the garden. You can tell this by the state of the rest of it. My brother came and cleared this bed of the triffids that had taken it over, so that is a start. I will have to hit the garden centres tomorrow to see what I can find.

It was rather hard work so I limited myself to how much I did as I don't want to overdo it. Working the soil was wonderful and the smell of it reminded me of why I liked gardening so much at one time. I have never really tried to grow vegetables before so this is another step on the Great Adventure. I grew some potatoes in a large pot last year and they were great and I have done some growbags with tomatoes and peppers before but nothing actually out in the beds. I will have to hope that the slugs don't get everything; I bought a couple of pepper plants last year and they were slaughtered before I could get them in the ground.

Think I'll go and watch Eurovision now - love the marking! It won't be the same without Terry Wogan so I may not last till the end. Bring on the nil points!

No comments:

Post a Comment